找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1340|回复: 1

双语美文:祈愿,倾听心声

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-6-16 18:04:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned, rich, famous, powerful, or "good," but simply to be radiant. I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, calm courage and good will. I wish to live without hate, whim, jealousy, envy, fear. I wish to be simple, honest, frank, natural, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected--ready to say "I do not know," if it be so, and to meet all men on an absolute equality--to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unabashed and unafraid.
I wish others to live their lives, too--up to their highest, fullest and best. To that end I pray that I may never meddle, interfere, dictate, give advice that is not wanted, or assist when my services are not needed. If I can help people, I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference, and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. That is to say, I desire to be radiant--to radiate life.

我由衷的最大的祈愿,不是博学、不是富有、不是出人头地、不是权势、或者什么“好处”,而仅仅是发光。我渴望发出健康之光、快活之光、沉着的勇气之光以及良好的愿望之光。我祈望无仇恨、无异念、无嫉妒、无艳羡、无忧也无虑地生活;我祈望质朴、诚实、坦率、自然天成、身心洁净、不加矫饰——若不知,便坦言 “不知”,而且要绝对平等地对待所有的人——泰然自若、无所畏惧地去面对任何险阻、去迎接每一个困难。
我也祈愿他人过他们自己的生活——至最高、至最充实、至最佳。最后,我发誓:当不需要我的服务的时候,我决不会介入、干预、命令、提出人家不想听的劝告或者多余的辅佐。如果我可以给人们以帮助的话,我要做的,就是给他们提供自助的机会;如果我能使之振奋、使之鼓舞,那就要以身作则、条分缕析、提出建议,而不是强制命令、颐指气使。这就是我要说的,我渴望的是发光——让生命放射光芒。
发表于 2009-6-16 21:40:15 | 显示全部楼层
做人的最高境界!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中华手外科网 ( 鲁ICP备16039852号-3 )鲁公网安备 37010302000762号

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 09:48 , Processed in 0.021362 second(s), 18 queries .

技术支持:山东济南

© 2001-2013 中华手外科网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表